Drug Rehab Counseling Overview
It is estimated that patients taking medication for opioid dependence or substance abuse have a 25% rate of retention, and with One-on-One drug rehab counseling one’s chances of success increase to 80%. Drug Rehab Counseling plays a vital role and integral part of your process of maintaining a sober life. With psychological support, patients can learn to use coping mechanisms to minimize the risk of relapse due to triggers that are associated with past dependencies.
Patients undergo a comprehensive assessment and a counseling approach is determined. A drug rehab counselor and patient would develop a counseling schedule and stick with the treatment protocol.
It is very important that the patient receives counseling, so counseling is required. We have made the drug rehab counseling process very attainable through the following:
- Experienced Drug Rehab Counselors
- Offered Anytime
- Flexible Schedule
We support you throughout the recovery process.
One-on-One Drug Rehab Counseling
One-on-One counseling is set up to allow the patient to discuss in confidence the struggles and accomplishments in their personal journey of being free from addiction. Every patient’s counseling session is unique and personalized.
- Stress management
- Identifying possible underlying issues causing and maintaining your addiction
- Overcoming shame
- Repairing damaged relationships
Group Drug Rehab Counseling
There are many advantages to group counseling sessions. Group counseling provides support and motivation from peers while maintaining recovery goals. Group counseling helps answer some of the questions an individual may be unwilling to ask. The key is listening carefully to see what you can pick up from other patients’ journey. It sometimes is easier to learn and be more receptive if the information is not just coming from the counselor. Most of all, there is strength in numbers, take your life back.
- Understanding triggers and even identify secondary triggers
- How to “stay busy” when triggers occur
- Correcting negative thought process
- Addiction discussions
- Tips for avoiding relapse
Family Drug Rehab Counseling
Our family counseling sessions provide the family the tools to be a support system for the patient and to start the healing process for the family. As a result, family counseling can help the patient create a better, more knowledgeable support network. Family counseling is designed to set up structure and accountability. Questions are designed to help the patient and the family work together in the overall goal to beat addiction.
Common Topics From The Family:
- How do I learn as much as possible about addiction?
- Is there understanding peers I can connect with?
- How do I manage expectations?
- Is there individual counseling for me?
- How is the best way for me to have a support role in the recovery process?
- How can I guard against relapse?
Common Topics From The Patient:
- How can I start to build relationships that have been broken?
- What goals can I set to ensure I’m on my way to recovery?
- How do I communicate with family/family friends that are not willing to get better?
- How can I tell a family member that I feel like I’m going to relapse?